The Portolan is the Northwest Seaport’s newsletter of current and past events. It is now published online in the form of a blog.
p o r t – o – l a n: An archaic navigational map based on realistic descriptions of coasts, waterways, and bays; from the Italian word portolano, meaning “related to ports or harbors.”
Past hardcopy issues
Portolan Spring 2010 PDF
- Partnering in Preservation Help NWS win money to haul-out the Arthur Foss!
- On Tour With Wawona Nathaniel Howe reports on a whirlwind conference circuit
- Rehabilitation Begins on the Lightship No. 83 – meet the project manager
Portolan Autumn 2009 PDF
- Anchoring Youth & Adults in Seattle The Anchor Program comes to the Northwest
- Summer Aboard the Arthur Foss NWS’s intern works with kids and collections
- Fun at the Wooden Boat Festival – Photos of a great Lake Union tradition
Portolan Summer 2009 PDF
- Final Voyage of the Schooner Wawona Seattle bids farewell to an icon
- Students Become ‘Engineer for a Day’ The Ballard Maritime Academy steps aboard the
- Lead Sea Chanteys by the Lake Shore – Sing history with Northwest Seaport, every month of the year